Saturday, September 29, 2007

Inhale, exhale, repeat as needed

Sinatra Reprise: The Very Good Years

Days are packed with home schooling the boy, driving the girl and tending to her necessities of life, writing stories and living under the tyranny of the urgent.

The craziness has run so rampant that I started a daily to-do list:

  • Attendance (for home school requirements)
  • Daily Assignment Sheet (same)
  • Web site (this site--which should be updated daily)
  • (A regular writing assignment--publication name omitted to protect the innocent)
  • (Ditto above) (1 hour)
  • Other writing work
  • Church volunteer work
  • High school volunteer work
  • Dinner (as in, "what's for?")
  • Clean one room
  • Laundry
  • Drink water
  • Vitamin
  • Exercise

Really now: I have to remind myself to drink water. It's a sad state of affairs.

Today is Catch Up on Work Day. The girl has been deposited at a day-long tournament and the boys are at a football game. I am spending the day with Frank and Harry and a stack of story assignments to complete. Once they are done, I can breathe. Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars...Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars...

Gotta love Frank.

No comments: