Monday, June 21, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
My son watched “Avatar: The Last Airbender” on Nickelodeon. Did your kids watch it? It was a captivating story, so I was kind of geeked out when I found out it would be a live action movie. Then I found out M. Night was making it and I really geeked out. And I actually thought I was going to see it back last year when we all loaded up in the car and went to see “Avatar.” True story. I was 20 minutes into the movie before I stopped saying “Where is Aang?” Thus, I sealed my dorkiness for all eternity.
Anywho… The actual Aang movie is coming. I received a press release today noting that the release date has been moved up to July 1. I can’t think of a better way to kick off the month. Go see the trailer here. That other movie was really good, too. ;)
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
I swear, the switch to the new site really is coming. Almost there.
It’s a crazy week, so here’s a hail of bullets for you:
- I think I will kick off the new site with a couple of giveaways for bibliophiles. Maybe that will have the added benefit of saving me from the sure demise of books collapsing on top of me.
- I can’t choose the right blue for the master bedroom walls. There is some talk about me being blue-green colorblind (it’s a lie), so we will see how this turns out.
- Like several of my blog friends, I was contacted by CSN stores about reviewing one of their products. That will be coming soon. They sell, well, pretty much everything as near as I can tell, including recessed lighting, floor steamers (I covet), kitchen knives, Lego sets, bamboo flooring, tons of organic cotton stuff… I wonder if they have anything that caps gushing oil wells?
- Oh, yes, I almost forgot (read: blocked from memory), we had house guests. Bats. In my attic. If only I had a belfry.
- My eldest is competing in the National Forensic League tournament in Kansas City this week. She didn’t make it to finals, but you can still watch some very talented kids live (I think) online starting tomorrow afternoon.
I hope your summer is off to a glorious start!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
And because I know you don’t want to read about election results and oil spills today, or any day, here are some stories I have running this month. They are petroleum-free. (New site coming soon…)
The BMW Charity Pro-Am is history, but you can read about the charities it benefits:
Melinda Claudepierre (who sings like an angel, by the way), has invented a gorgeous wallet for you Dave Ramsey users out there:
Getting your kids in the game – and in a healthy lifestyle: http://www.ipubviewer.com/publication/?i=39154&p=15
Don’t overreact, but do learn about these lesser known pediatric conditions: http://www.ipubviewer.com/publication/?i=39154
Monday, June 7, 2010
(Currently, my domain name redirects here, so if you reach it that way you are ahead of the game.)
Now, go get in the pool, people. It’s summer!