Thursday, December 9, 2010

power tools (uhn, uhn, uhn)

(That was my Tim “the Tool Man” Taylor grunt.)

Husky Tools sent us this super cool 13-piece Powertek Precision Screwdriver Set. Honestly, I thought I would have my husband reviewing this one, but it turns out to be a bit more up my alley.

Why I now own the screwdriver:

  • In the past, when I required the use of a screwdriver, I would dig through my husband’s tools to borrow one. He loves his tools. Sometimes I “borrow” for lengthy periods of time.
  • I make things! This screwdriver had tiny little bits in all sorts of shapes (crosses, lines, etc. – har, har, I know they are Phillips and flat head) which are small enough for craft projects. (I think they will also be useful for eyeglass repair, which happens too often around here.)
  • Because said screwdriver is tiny, it won’t fit the bill as much for my husband’s day-to-day uses. (He points out that the bits aren’t magnetized, which would be a plus for him when working with tiny parts. My hands are smaller so I don’t think it’s an issue with me.)

This screwdriver runs on two AAA batteries and seems quite powerful enough for me.  Husky also has a great guarantee on their products.

If you need to buy a few more gifts this year, check out the Husky products under $20 at Home Depot.  Some of them are big, manly screwdriver and rachet sets, but the Powertek suits me just fine.

 

I received a screwdriver set for review. Opinions are my own.

No comments: