Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tour de windows

As promised on Sew, Mama, Sew, the tour de windows (or, anyone can sew a valance) is below. Truly, I blame all apparently uneven hems on the fact that my house has settled and the windows are not level. Yes. I'm sure that's it.

This valance was made back when my entire supply of sewing notions consisted of embroidery thread, needles and scissors. The hemming and applique are done with HeatNBond, God's gift to people without sewing machines.

P1010080

Here, I got adventurous, making up a "pattern" for a sort of faux Roman shade meets circus tent type thing. I don't know what it is, but I liked it then and I still do. A close up this, my second favorite fabric ever, is below. (And it is freakishly difficult to photograph windows in the daytime.)

P1010071

P1010076

My all-time favorite fabric, found on a remnant table with not one additional inch of it available, even by special order. Love this stuff. I still have a few bits of it lying around, waiting for just the right project.

P1010079

This was my first (only?) attempt at adding trim. It was much more difficult than it should have been, though I still don't know why. It is, after all, a glorified rectangle.

P1010068

No comments: