Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Exciting, yet somehow very wrong

Well, whatever you're thinking after that title, I'm confident you are not on the right track.

Despite everything that I know to be good and right when it comes to doing laundry, I took my first foray into wool felting this weekend. The first step -- washing a 100 percent wool sweater in the washing machine in scalding hot water -- seemed like something I should not admit in public, but I was tempted by the thrifted sweater and its intoxicating colors. And I had too much work to do to actually find time for crafting. This way, I was creating something in the machine while I worked. Yes, that must be it.

 P1010016

Maybe I will eventually end up with a wool throw like the ones from Sweet Felt Goods (love that name). I can see myself now, blanket stitching a pile of wool poolside this summer. Two wrongs don't make a right, I know.

No comments: