Monday, January 25, 2010

keyboarding for the christian school

keyboarding1.jpg picture by homeschoolcrew

I was really pleased that we were asked to review Keyboarding for the Christian School as part of the TOS Crew. Our state requires a half-year of keyboarding for high school and really, I was tired of watching my son hunt and peck. In the past, he has used free online typing games, but this was our first attempt at a true keyboarding curriculum. This isn’t an online course. We printed the lessons from the e-book and just jumped in with both feet – er, hands. In any event, the curriculum is super easy to implement and compares quite well with the syllabus of the keyboarding class at our local public school (but it is Christian in content and includes NIV verses). We are using the edition for grades 6 and older, but an elementary version (K – grade 5) is also available. The “older kid” version includes 43 lessons, beginning with alphabet keys. The course covers works cited, business letters, envelopes, tables, timed writings and more. It is quite thorough and I am pleased to say that author Leanne Beitel has created a great product that (in my opinion) matches the requirements for high school credit in my state.

 

Discount pricing is available on bundles, but the basic course is $15.95.  Try before you buy with a slew of sample lessons.

 

We received a free e-book for review. I was not compensated. My opinions are my own.

No comments: