Tuesday, January 19, 2010

presidential penmanship

“If you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.” Ronald Reagan

“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” Theodore Roosevelt

 5185.jpg picture by homeschoolcrew

These quotes made me smile immediately as I looked through Zeezok Publishing’s Presidential Penmanship Italic Style Complete Program, a product we were asked to review as part of the TOS Crew. I confess, we don’t work on penmanship – or handwriting, tomayto, tomahto – in our homeschool. That is really due to the fact that my son has good handwriting habits and beautiful penmanship already. I take no credit for that – those habits were established before we started homeschooling. As such, he is resistant to backtracking at this point. However, this program seems quite well suited for children of all ages (lessons for grades K-12 are included on the CD) and it is especially relevant for those who homeschool in the classical style since it is based on quotes from the presidents and other founding fathers.

Our grade level is the junior high program, which includes 108 lessons, proceeding from less than two lines to a full page. The italic style is lovely but several different programs are available from Zeezok if italic style doesn’t suit you. I prefer Zaner-Bloser style, but that is purely personal preference. For you anti-ZB types, a D’Nealian style is also available. :) A comparison of the fonts is available online. Each complete program is $39.99 via download or on CD. Grade levels are available for individual download for $9.99 each.

 

We received a free CD for review. I was not compensated. My opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I already love the handwriting program we use, but I'd like to have this one just for the QUOTES 'cuz they are ohhhhh, soooooo good!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~