Monday, March 15, 2010

seasons of faith books

I know I sound like a broken record, but once again, I was not familiar with Children’s Bible Hour radio shows. However, several of the programs have been adapted to a beautifully illustrated series called Seasons of Faith. The “seasons” range from the baby steps of newly discovered faith to finding strength through great trials. Each book also includes a story CD – perfect for car trips.

Race with Midnight

The books present real world scenarios that most elementary-aged children could understand. Discussion questions are available to further explore the topics. I encourage you to look at the questions since the books might cause children to have questions of their own. The “winter” book in the series, Braving the Storm, may be too much for kids who worry or empathize easily. The book deals with economic and family stresses. For children who are in a difficult situation, however, it could be a terrific resource.

Braving the Storm

All in all, I think the series is very well done and has broad appeal for boys and girls. Do check them out and watch a video of the production process – it gives a preview of how the books were created as well as the beautiful art work that was chosen. The books (including a CD!) are $10 each.

 

We received books for review. I was not compensated. My opinions are my own.

No comments: