Tuesday, June 24, 2008

jury duty 101

DSC_0007

(Earrings from vintage buttons -- made last week)

DSC_0010

(Last weekend, I made a pattern from Sew What! Skirts and cut out the soon-to-be Scarlet O'Hara skirt. Points to you if you know how it got its name...)

The reality of my week is really glaringly obvious: I don't do well with time on my hands and no way to use it productively. Cell phones are not allowed in the jury room. Because much of my writing relies on interviewing sources, I haven't done much (paid) work this week. I am getting quite a bit ahead on lesson planning for fifth grade, but I confess it isn't my first choice of activities this week. Jury duty involves a great deal of waiting...

I had a fleeting thought of embroidering some dish towels or doing some hand-sewing, but (doh!) needles and scissors are not allowed past the security checkpoint.

I NEED to make something. And pick blueberries. Just those things: crafting and blueberries. And date night with my husband this Friday.

Clearly, I also need patience.

No comments: