Monday, June 9, 2008

a life not measured in years

If you are local, you have probably heard of Lauren's Hope Foundation. If not, please visit www.laurenshope.org and read about Lauren, who lost her battle with Sanfilippo Syndrome on Saturday, just a month or so shy of her eleventh birthday. A message from Lauren's mom is online at http://laurenshope.blogspot.com/. I encourage you to read it. I met the McCraws when I was asked to write a story about them about five years ago. It turned out to be the first of many.

I have come to love Cindy and her family very much. I have never known anyone who lived life with the constant measure of grace I see in them. Please pray for them as they face life without their daughter.

October 2007: a brief story about the Lauren's Hope Annual Run

"Neighbors": a book for Fountain Inn residents published by Strong Communities (Lauren's story begins on page 28)

No comments: