Thursday, December 20, 2007

This is not a Christmas card*

P1010095

(*emailed in lieu of real cards this year)

Dear Friends and Family,

Did you get our Christmas card? Ha! Well, you’re not alone. This has been an exceptionally busy year for us and as a result, I have given myself permission not to send Christmas cards. Not a big deal, you say? It was for me, but I am over it and moving on to a peaceful Christmas as a result.

Since we usually send a picture of our rapidly growing children with each card, I have attached one to this email. If you just can’t get enough of our homegrown craziness, feel free to keep up with us at my (pseudo work-related) web site, or through our photos at Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisworthy/ Both provide ample evidence that we are a happy lot most of the time. :)

As many of you know, Caroline is a high school freshman this year and we are homeschooling Nolan for the first time. High school is a lot different than it was a few (cough) years ago, but Caroline is enjoying it immensely. Nolan is really enjoying homeschool, and much to my surprise, so am I.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas with abundant, overflowing blessings in 2008. If I had found time to make cards this year, I would have told you to remember that we celebrate Immanuel, God with us, and I would have used Ephesians 3:14-19 inside the card: “For this reason I kneel before the Father…I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”

See? The card was all planned out in my head. :) Merry Christmas!

Chris (for John, Caroline and Nolan)

No comments: